GTB Components Ltd is committed to sustainable manufacturing. We promote continual improvement and are focused in driving reductions in three key areas; waste, water and energy. Sustainability is key to a successful business and is at the forefront of our minds in relation to products as well as in our global facilities.
Sustainability is a core value for our business. At each one of our facilities, we’re focused on:
- Operating an efficient and cost-effective system that uses as minimal energy as possible
- Minimising emissions
- Recycling/reusing waste products where possible in line with the waste hierarchy
- Many of GTB Components raw materials used are produced from recycled scrap
- Reduce waste at each stage of our manufacturing process
“Sustainability is vital to a successful business. We strive to understand our environmental impacts and manage associated risks, and continue to drive improvement opportunities. GTB Components Ltd have a responsibility to reduce our environmental impact in all areas of our business.”
- Example 1:- Factory LED lighting is controlled automatically to adjust to preset luminance and to automatically switch off if an area is unmanned
- Example 2:- . Approx 75% of GTB Components raw materials are produced from recycled scrap
- Example 3:- Developed and Patented a process to produce cross holes during compaction which removed the need for expensive and material wasteful, secondary drilling operation.
- Example 4:- Reduced electricity consumption from 20 KWh to 7.5 Kwh on 20 high speed production presses. This energy saving had no effect on press productivity.